One morning I was craving eggs, of course, but was out of some of my Eggstastic Breakfast Sandwich ingredients. So I looked in my fridge and saw leftover black beans, stale corn tortillas, feta, eggs and salsa. I hate wasting food, so I decided I was in the mood for a Mexican breakfast and went to town.
Try my version of Chilaquiles:
- 2 eggs
- 1 corn tortillas torn into small pieces (it’s okay if they’re stale) 1/4-1/2 C. of canned black beans
- 1/4 of a yellow onion (thinly sliced and sauteed)
- 1 C. fresh spinach (if you don’t have it, it’s fine)
- Crumbled feta or any cheese you like
- Whatever seasonings you like for your eggs (Salt, pepper, hot sauce (Tapatio), dill)
Saute onions until soft and add spinach to pan. Cover to wilt spinach. Keep heat on low and add eggs. Stir in seasonings and add tortilla pieces. Once tortillas are softening up, turn heat to medium and let eggs cook stirring often. Add black beans. Keep stirring and add feta towards the end before eggs are completely cooked.
Top with salsa and ENJOY this satisfying, healthy meal!!
Click here to watch me make it!