Ok, so I know there are people who make smoothies all the time for breakfast or a healthy snack, and they make it seem effortless. I’ve always wanted to be that person, but for some reason getting out my heavy blender never sounds appealing (don’t have enough counter space to keep it out).
BUT…I just came up with this green smoothie recipe that has given me a reason to suck it up and lift the darn thing more frequently. I can’t get enough of it and this will be the perfect thing to slurp down on those hot summer days that lie ahead. It’s satisfying, nutritious AND delicious which will help us get our bikini/beach bodies back and FINALLY shed our “winter coats” (that extra layer of fat that shows up in between Nov-April…you know what I’m talkin’ about).
As I always say, FEEL FREE TO MAKE IT YOUR OWN! If you don’t have one thing, omit it or substitute something else…you’re the one drinking it, and you have to make it work for you.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 C. almond milk (or low-fat milk of your choice)
- 3 -5 ice cubes
- 4-5 frozen mango chunks
- small handful of fresh raspberries (use frozen if you don’t have fresh)
- 1/2 large pear, cut into chunks
- 1/4 C. chopped mint (this MAKES the smoothie)
- large handful of chopped, fresh kale
- 1/2 tbsp of turmeric
- 2 tbsp of chopped pistachios
- 1 spoon full of coconut oil (endless health benefits)
- 1 spoonful of bee pollen (so good & full of nutrients/check with your doctor first before consuming it-it’s a little controversial and some people are allergic)
I add the milk, ice cubes and frozen fruit first, then add the rest. Blend all ingredients on high until smooth. Liquify it baby!
You’re getting protein, vitamins, superfoods and healthy fats all in one! Since turmeric has so many healing powers, I’m trying to sneak it in to as many things as possible and this is the perfect place to do it. And don’t forget to garnish & pour it into a specialty glass!! I really does make it taste better 🙂