I love tequila. I love grapefruit. And now I love Michelle at the JSTK Blog for introducing me to the Paloma Jelly Shot! I hadn’t had a jello shot since college and didn’t realize how many gourmet jello shot recipes are out there. These were a hit at my recent birthday party and I think they’ll be a hit with you….assuming you like tequila that is 😉 I also made vodka blueberry shots, but I used a kurant vodka and they were not my fav. They looked gorgeous, but didn’t taste great. But here’s what DID taste great:
Recommended Pan: 1-pound loaf pan (approximately 8” x 4”/20 x 10 cm) or flexible silicon molds
- 1 1/3 cup grapefruit soda (we used Izzy’s sparkling juice)
- 2 tablespoons frozen limeade concentrate (thawed)
- 2 envelopes Knox gelatin
- 2/3 cup agave tequila
- Fresh grapefruit segments for garnish, if desired
- Pour soda and limeade concentrate into a small saucepan and sprinkle with the gelatin.
- Allow the gelatin to soak for a minute or two.
- Heat over very low heat until gelatin is dissolved, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes.
- Mixture may be foamy initially, but this will disapate. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the tequila. Pour mixture into loaf pan or molds.
- Place in refrigerator to set (several hours or overnight).
- To serve, cut into desired shapes (or unmold).
- Garnish each jelly shot with a small grapefruit segment, if desired.
Makes 18 to 24 jelly shots.
I used a shallow round cake pan and then used a cookie cutter to cut out shapes of hearts & stars. Make it your own & have fun!!
For more recipes including some cool 4th of July treats, go to Jelly Shot Test Kitchen.
PLEASE EAT RESPONSIBLY!!