Eggstatic Breakfast Sandwich
I believe eggs are one of the most amazing foods on the planet. They’re affordable, versatile, a great source of protein, not to mention one of my favorite foods.
I could probably blog all day about eggs. I could devote an entire book to eggs, but today I’m just going to let you in on a little secret…my Eggstatic Breakfast Sandwich.
If you want to taste Heaven, try this:
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread (or bread of your choosing)
- 2 large cage free organic eggs
- A few dashes of Tapatio or your favorite hot sauce
- A few dashes of dried dill
- 1/4 of a large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 Cups of fresh spinach
- 1 slice of T.J.’s yogurt cheese (or sliced cheese of your liking)
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- T.J.’s yogurt chive cilantro spread (a generous amount)
- (If you have left over deli meat, why not add a slice of ham or turkey 🙂
In a small saute pan, saute thinly sliced onion in olive oil on low-med heat until soft. Then add fresh spinach to pan and cover until wilted. You can add a slice of deli meat to the skillet as well just to heat it up.
In a separate pan, scramble 2 eggs with sea salt, pepper, Tapatio, dill. Once scrambled turn on low and gather eggs together in center of pan and place yogurt cheese on top of eggs. Cover and let cheese melt. Turn off burner.
Spread a generous amount o yogurt chive cilantro dip on 2 pieces of toast, slice avocado and place on one side of toast along with spinach and onion. Take a wide spatula and transfer the egg/cheese mound onto toast.